Maoists blow up culvert in OrissaAugust 4th, 2010 - 3:01 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Aug 4 (IANS) Maoist guerrillas blew up a road culvert in Orissa’s Sundergarh district Wednesday, police said.
The incident took place near Mahipani village between Bhalulata and Jaraikela village, about 30 km from the Rourkela steel city and about five km from the Jharkhand border.
No one was injured in the incident, Superintendent of Police Diptesh Patnaik told IANS.
Train services on the Mumbai-Howrah route were briefly disrupted and later resumed after security personnel examined the track and declared it safe, he said.
- Village headman held for helping Maoists - Jan 28, 2011
- Maoist leader killed in Orissa gunfight - Feb 08, 2011
- Landmines recovered in Orissa, six Maoists arrested - Aug 03, 2010
- CRPF trooper arrested for Maoist links - Jan 29, 2011
- Maoists blow up school building in Orissa - Jan 04, 2010
- Maoists blow up rail track in Orissa - Feb 08, 2010
- Maoist guerrillas blow up rail track in Orissa (Lead) - Feb 08, 2010
- Maoists blow up Orissa panchayat office - Dec 19, 2009
- Maoists kill three in Orissa (Lead) - Dec 09, 2010
- Inspector suspended for misbehaving with judge - Apr 04, 2011
- 8 fall ill after gas leak at Orissa steel plant - Jan 03, 2010
- Nine Maoists killed in Orissa, railway services affected (Lead) - Jan 09, 2011
- Orissa police arrest three Maoists - Feb 13, 2011
- Four traders held for supplying explosives to Maoists (Lead) - Oct 24, 2010
- Two held in Orissa for stealing antique telescope - Apr 28, 2010