Maoists blow up CRPF vehicle, kill trooper in ChhattisgarhAugust 6th, 2012 - 10:48 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Aug 6 (IANS) Maoist guerrillas blew up an anti-landmine vehicle in a forested stretch in Chhattisgarh’s restive Bastar region, killing a trooper of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) on the spot and injuring five others, police officials said.
“It was a powerful IED blast near Marande village (in Dantewada), which tossed up the anti-landmine vehicle in which six CRPF men of the 111 Battalion were on a patrol duty,” Dantewada’s Superintendent of Police Narendra Khare told IANS over phone.
One CRPF man died on the spot while five others were critically injured. Officials here at police headquarters said that injured troopers were airlifted from Dantewada to Raipur and were put in an intensive care unit at a private nursing home.
Dantewada is considered the Maoists’ hotbed in Chhattisgarh. In April 2010, the rebels had slaughtered 75 troopers of the CRPF and a policeman, in a single attack which was the biggest ever attack carried out by leftist insurgents in India.
- Two CRPF troopers killed in Chhattisgarh blast - Aug 07, 2012
- Two CRPF troopers killed in Chhattisgarh blast (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- CRPF trooper killed in Maoist attack - Sep 18, 2011
- 10 securitymen die in Maoist landmine blast (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- 10 Chhattisgarh cops killed in Maoist attack (Second Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Five policemen killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attacks - Jun 27, 2011
- Landmines recovered in Chhattisgarh - Apr 28, 2011
- Maoist landmine blast kills five CRPF men in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Mine blast injures CRPF men, Maoists raid CPI leader's house (Lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Three CRPF men killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Two deadly attacks in Chhatttisgarh, 15 cops killed (Third Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- 25 kg landmine defused in Chhattisgarh - May 10, 2011
- Three CRPF men killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack (Second Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Maoists attack Chhattisgarh police station, no casualty (Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- Toll in Chhattisgarh blast rises to seven - May 18, 2011
Tags: battalion, blow up, chhattisgarh raipur, crpf man, hotbed, ied blast, insurgents, intensive care unit, khare, maoist, maoist guerrillas, maoists, narendra, nursing home, police force, police headquarters, police officials, policeman, rebels, reserve police