Maoists blow up bridge on key national highwayDecember 6th, 2011 - 11:36 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Dec 6 (IANS) Maoist militants Tuesday blew a bridge on a key national highway in Chhattisgarh that connects the state’s violence-hit Bastar region to the state capital, police said.
The bridge is at Kondagaon on National Highway No.30 in Bastar district, some 210 km south of Raipur.
“It was a massive blast that ripped through the bridge. The traffic on the key national highway, Number 30, was blocked for hours after the blast but was resumed later,” Bastar’s Superintendent of Police Ratanlal Dangi told IANS.
He added that patrolling was intensified after the incident, the first Maoist attack on the highway.
- 25 cops, prisoners injured in Chhattisgarh blast - Jun 02, 2012
- 25 cops, prisoners injured in Chhattisgarh blast (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Cop killed, 24 others injured in Chhattisgarh blast (Second Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Chhattisgarh steps up security during Maoist protest week - Jun 03, 2012
- Special police teams to keep vigil on top Maoist leaders (Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- Maoists kill six cops in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Oct 21, 2011
- Maoists blow up police vehicle in Chhattisgarh - May 10, 2011
- After attack, Chhattisgarh hunts for Maoists - Oct 22, 2011
- Maoists blow up CRPF vehicle, kill trooper in Chhattisgarh - Aug 06, 2012
- Maoists block key highway to protest Kishenji killing - Nov 28, 2011
- Maoists step up violence in Chhattisgarh - Jun 09, 2012
- 50kg bomb recovered in Chhattisgarh - Dec 03, 2011
- Maoists blow up new police station in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- Maoists kill villager, blast Chitrakot police post (Second Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Chhattisgarh police fail to track down police station attackers - Dec 28, 2011