Maoists blast Orissa government buildingSeptember 7th, 2010 - 12:48 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Sep 7 (IANS) Maoist guerrillas early Tuesday blasted a newly constructed government building in Orissa’s Malkangiri district, police said.
About 100 armed rebels set off landmines to rip apart the block office building at Padia in the Maoist stronghold of Malkangiri, about 620 km from Bhubaneswar.
“The rebels first asked the workers living in the building to vacate. After that they blasted it. The building was damaged,” a senior district police official told IANS.
The rebels often target school, panchayat and other government buildings in the region as they suspect the government may use these to house security forces during the anti-Maoist operation.
- Maoists blow up panchayat office in Orissa - Sep 09, 2010
- Maoists blow up Orissa village council building - May 30, 2010
- Maoists blow up panchayat building - Aug 13, 2010
- Maoists blow up school to protest Obama visit - Nov 08, 2010
- Maoists set ablaze construction machine in Orissa - Jul 05, 2011
- SPO shot dead by Maoists in Odisha - Jul 29, 2012
- Maoists torch construction equipments in Odisha - Jul 10, 2012
- Maoists blow up two Orissa schools, kill man - Jul 18, 2010
- Woman Maoist killed in Orissa gun fight (Lead) - Apr 24, 2011
- Maoists torch excavator in Odisha - Jul 20, 2012
- Maoists blow up government warehouse in Orissa - May 19, 2010
- Maoists blow up panchayat godown in Orissa - Oct 23, 2010
- Maoists torch machinery in Odisha - Jan 04, 2012
- Maoist shutdown hits life in Orissa district - Apr 28, 2011
- Maoists kill two in Orissa - Aug 25, 2010