Maoists attack police station in JharkhandAugust 26th, 2010 - 10:26 am ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Aug 26 (IANS) Maoist rebels attacked a police station, torched six trucks and blasted the office of a political party in two districts of Jharkhand while enforcing their 24-hour strike in parts of the state early Thursday.
Nearly 200 Maoists attacked Pirtand police station at around 1 a.m. in Giridih district, some 210 km from here. A fierce gun battle ensued with the police which lasted for about four hours.
The guerrillas escaped after the gun battle and blasted the office of Jharkhand Vikas Morcha-Prajatantrik near the police station.
In another incident, Maoist rebels torched six trucks on the Grand Trunk road in Dhanbad district, 240 km from here.
The Maoists had called a 24-hour strike starting Wednesday midnight in South Chotanagpur region of Jharkhand to protest the arrest of their leader Mukhtar Ansari with another rebel in Giridih district Wednesday.
- Maoists attack police station, blast buildings in Jharkhand (Lead) - Aug 26, 2010
- Maoists unleash attacks in Jharkhand to avenge arrests (Second Lead) - Aug 26, 2010
- Maoists attack policemen, blast rail tracks in Jharkhand - Jun 27, 2012
- Maoists torch four trucks, blast bridge in Jharkhand - Oct 12, 2009
- Maoists blast school, attack police station in Jharkhand - Dec 06, 2011
- Maoists torch vehicles, blast mobile tower in Bihar - Mar 15, 2011
- Maoists attack police station in Giridih, torch trucks - Aug 26, 2010
- Maoists attack policemen, blow rail tracks in Jharkhand (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Suspected Maoists kill coal mine officials in Jharkhand (Lead) - Oct 12, 2009
- Opposition protests hit road, rail services - Mar 09, 2011
- Maoist carrying reward of Rs.2 lakh arrested - Aug 25, 2010
- One killed in Jharkhand Maoist attack - Feb 23, 2012
- Maoists release abducted labourers in Jharkhand - Feb 21, 2012
- Jharkhand's rural areas hit by Maoist shutdown - Apr 23, 2011
- Five Maoists killed in Jharkhand - Mar 15, 2011