Maoists attack Chhattisgarh minister’s house, kill guard (Lead)May 17th, 2012 - 11:57 pm ICT by IANS
Kondagaon (Chhattisgarh), May 17 (IANS) Suspected Maoists opened fire at the house of Chhattisgarh Sports Minister Lata Usendi in Kondagoan district Thursday evening, killing her security guard, police said. The minister was not at the house at that time.
The attack on the lone woman cabinet minister in Chhattisgarh’s Bharatiya Janata Party government stunned the police officials and local authorities who had no clue about the Maoists’ raid.
The minister was not present at home when suspected guerillas sprayed bullets on her house and walked away with Insas rifle of the guard, who was identified as Ratanlal Netam. According to top official sources, she was in another village, around 12 km away.
The attack site is located some 200 km south from state capital Raipur.
“The attack was carried out by a small action team of the banned terror outfit Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist). The motorcycle-borne two or three attackers pumped at least three bullets into the security guard and he succumbed to injuries on way to hospital,” Additional Director General of Police (Maoist operation) Ramniwas told IANS.
The police officer said that the entire district has sealed off to track down the attackers.
Kondagaon was carved out as a new district in January this year.
- Maoists attack Chhattisgarh minister's house, kill guard - May 17, 2012
- Maoists kill six cops in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Oct 21, 2011
- After attack, Chhattisgarh hunts for Maoists - Oct 22, 2011
- Chhattisgarh to resume hunt for Maoists - May 24, 2012
- Maoists blow up bridge on key national highway - Dec 06, 2011
- Armed Maoists raid home of Chhattisgarh legislator - Oct 12, 2011
- Maoists kill six CISF troopers, driver in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Maoists blow up school in Chhattisgarh minister's village - Dec 13, 2011
- Maoists kill two CISF men at Chhattisgarh mining site - Nov 16, 2011
- Villagers migrate following Maoists' order - Feb 26, 2012
- Chhattisgarh on high alert after Kishanji's killing - Nov 25, 2011
- Security up in Chhattisgarh as Maoists to boycott R-Day - Jan 25, 2012
- Fresh Maoist attacks feared in Chhattisgarh towns - Apr 09, 2010
- Hardcore Maoist held in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Maoists vows to keep killing security personnel - Jul 01, 2010
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bullets, cabinet minister, chhattisgarh, clue, communist party of india, CPI, entire district, lata, local authorities, lone woman, maoist, maoists, motorcycle, party government, police officer, police officials, security guard, terror, three attackers