Maoists abduct two villagersJanuary 10th, 2012 - 12:15 am ICT by IANS
Raipur, Jan 9 (IANS) Maoists abducted two villagers in Chhattisgarh’s insurgency-riddled Bastar region claiming they were spying for security personnel, police said Monday.
Relatives of the two middle-aged men from Koilibera forested area registered the first information report (FIR) Monday in Kanker district alleging that the leftist rebels had abducted them last month.
Amit Tiwari, incharge of the Koilibera police station, informed IANS over phone that rebels had abducted the two suspecting them to be “spying for police”.
Kanker is one of the five districts along with Bijapur, Bastar, Narayanpur and Dantewada that form a roughly 40,000 sq. km forested Bastar region where in the interiors the Maoists hold sway since the late 1980s.
- 25 kg landmine defused in Chhattisgarh - May 10, 2011
- Maoists blow up new police station in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- Landmines recovered in Chhattisgarh - Apr 28, 2011
- Three armed Maoists held in Chhattisgarh - Mar 05, 2011
- Tribal killed by Maoists - Aug 11, 2011
- Maoists kill six cops in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Oct 21, 2011
- Five bombs found in Chhattisgarh - Sep 26, 2011
- After attack, Chhattisgarh hunts for Maoists - Oct 22, 2011
- Chhattisgarh cop killed in Maoist attack - Sep 16, 2011
- Bombs found in Chhattisgarh's Maoist heartland - Jan 01, 2012
- Two Maoists killed in Chhattisgarh gun battle - Jan 05, 2011
- Four Maoists held in Chhattisgarh - Oct 14, 2010
- By-poll ahead, but no one's campaigning in Bastar interiors - May 03, 2011
- Maoists fire at passenger bus in Chhattisgarh - Oct 19, 2010
- Six held in raids at Maoists hideout - Mar 19, 2011