Maoist wanted in twin murder case held in West Bengal (Lead)November 17th, 2010 - 9:38 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Nov 17 (IANS) A Maoist leader wanted in a twin-murder case was arrested in West Bengal’s Murshidabad district Wednesday, police said.
“Acting on a tip-off, we conducted a raid in Dudhsagar village and arrested rebel leader Idrish Sheikh who was wanted in several cases, including the killing of two agricultural labours - Mohar Ali and Asgar Sheikh, April 6,” said Murshidabad Superintendent of Police D.L. Meena.
“He was a squad member and responsible for strengthening the rebel base in the district. Two firearms and a few rounds of ammunition were recovered from him,” said Meena.
“Idrish will be produced before the local court Thursday,” said the district police chief.
The Maoists, active in three western districts of West Midnapore, Bankura and Purulia, are now expanding their base in districts like Birbhum, Murshidabad and Nadia.
- Maoist leader held in Bengal - Nov 17, 2010
- Two Maoists arrested in West Bengal - Nov 22, 2010
- Maoist, linkman held in West Bengal - Nov 20, 2010
- Two Maoists held in Bengal raids - Feb 15, 2011
- Maoist nabbed from West Bengal forest - Oct 22, 2010
- 2 Maoists held; arms, ammunition seized - Feb 18, 2011
- Maoist leader arrested for Bengal policeman's murder - Nov 25, 2010
- Suspected Maoist linkman arrested - Aug 17, 2010
- Six Maoists nabbed from West Bengal - Oct 22, 2010
- 2 Maoists held, arms and ammunition seized in Bengal (Lead) - Feb 18, 2011
- Maoist hideout busted, explosives seized in Bengal - Apr 01, 2011
- Poll panel officer meets Bengal bureaucrats, police officials - Feb 02, 2011
- Two Maoist rebels arrested in West Bengal - Sep 10, 2010
- Maoist hideout busted in Bengal, arms seized - Feb 03, 2011
- Three Maoists arrested in Bengal - Jan 02, 2011
Tags: ammunition, asgar, bankura, district police, few rounds, firearms, local court, maoist, maoists, midnapore, murder case, murshidabad district, nadia, police chief, purulia, rebel base, rebel leader, sheikh, squad member, west bengal