Maoist surrenders in JharkhandMarch 28th, 2011 - 11:51 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, March 28 (IANS) A hardcore Maoist guerrilla surrendered to the police here Monday, police said.
Hari Prasad Munda, associated with outlawed Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist) zonal commander Kundan Pahan - known as the Veerapan of Jharkhand, was in touch with police for the last few months and helping in anti-Maoist operations.
Munda was given Rs.50,000 under the rehabilitation policy.
In the last one year, more than 13 hardcore Maoist guerrillas have surrendered in Jharkhand.
- Three Maoists held with claymore mines - Apr 23, 2011
- Two Maoists surrender in Jharkhand - May 21, 2011
- Two women Maoists surrender in Jharkhand - May 19, 2011
- Hardcore Maoist surrenders in Jharkhand - Aug 14, 2010
- 5 Maoists, including 2 women, arrested in Jharkhand - Apr 15, 2011
- Maoist surrenders in Jharkhand - Aug 19, 2010
- 3 Maoists surrender, one arrested - Oct 04, 2010
- Two Maoists wanted for Jharkhand ex-minister, cop's killings held - Jun 26, 2010
- Maoist commander surrenders in Jharkhand - Aug 23, 2010
- Maoists who abducted intelligence officer arrested - Jun 14, 2010
- Three Maoists escape from jail in Jharkhand - Jan 17, 2011
- Two Maoist rebels surrender in Jharkhand - Aug 05, 2010
- Maoists' escape: Judicial custody for arrested jailer, wardens - Jan 18, 2011
- Three Maoists killed in Jharkhand gunfight - Jan 09, 2011
- More explosive chemical recovered from Ranchi - Feb 07, 2011