Maoist rebel killed in war of supremacy in JharkhandFebruary 7th, 2010 - 7:12 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Feb 7 (IANS) A Maoist rebel was killed on the outskirts of Ranchi Sunday in a war of supremacy between two Maoist organisations, police said.
Two Maoist organisations — Tritiya Prastuti Committee (TPC) and Jan Sangharsh Mukti Morcha (JSMM) — were engaged in a gun battle for nearly an hour in the jungle area situated under Burmu block of Ranchi, police said.
A Maoist rebel belonging to TPC was killed. His body was sent for post-mortem, they said.
“We have found used bullets. Self Loading Rifles (SLR) seem to have been used in the gun battle,” said a police official.
In Jharkhand, six Maoist organisations are involved in internecine war of supremacy in their areas to collect levy. The prominent Maoist organisations are Communist Party of India (Maoist) and People’s Liberation Front of India.
- Four Maoists killed in gun battle in Jharkhand - Jul 07, 2010
- BJP leader shot dead by Maoists in Jharkhand - Aug 05, 2010
- Policeman killed in gunfight with Maoists - Sep 25, 2010
- Four Maoists arrested in Jharkhand (Lead) - Oct 18, 2010
- Maoist commander arrested in Jharkhand - Nov 13, 2010
- Two Maoists arrested - Feb 09, 2012
- Maoist killed in Jharkhand - Dec 18, 2010
- Maoists kill businessman in Jharkhand - Jun 28, 2010
- Four Maoists held in Jharkhand - Nov 09, 2011
- Maoist commander killed in gun battle with rival outfit - Oct 18, 2009
- Maoist court sentences two to death in Jharkhand - Jan 17, 2011
- Maoist commander arrested in Jharkhand - Jan 02, 2011
- Maoist commander arrested in Jharkhand - Jun 26, 2010
- JMM leader shot dead by Maoists - Aug 14, 2010
- BJP leader, labourer killed by Maoists (Lead) - Aug 05, 2010
Tags: bullets, communist party of india, gun battle, jharkhand, jungle area, liberation front, maoist, mukti, outskirts, police official, post mortem, ranchi, rifles, sangharsh, self loading, tpc, war of supremacy