Maoist rebel gives Class 10 exam in JharkhandFebruary 23rd, 2009 - 6:41 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Feb 23 (IANS) A Maoist rebel cooling his heels in Chatra jail of Jharkhand has written the ongoing secondary school examinations, a police officer said Monday.
A self-styled ‘area commander’ of outlawed group Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist), Kuldeep Ganju desired to take the 2009 Class 10 examination conducted by the Jharkhand Academic Council. He was granted permission by the Chatra district court. Chatra is about 190 km from Ranchi.
Ganju appeared for the home science examination on Feb 21 and will take his second examination on Feb 25.
“We appreciate Kuldeep’s desire to appear in the examination. We hope he will change after passing secondary examination and shun violence,” the officer said.
Ganju was arrested two years ago and faces trial for over a dozen cases of armed attacks, violence, landmine blasts and killing security personnel.
- Three killed as rival Maoist groups clash - Aug 29, 2010
- Maoist regional commander killed in Jharkhand - Jul 20, 2012
- Maoist commander arrested in Jharkhand - Sep 26, 2010
- Maoists blow up BJP supporter's house in Jharkhand - Dec 05, 2009
- Three Maoists held with claymore mines - Apr 23, 2011
- Maoist commander arrested in Jharkhand - Jan 02, 2011
- Two Maoists arrested in Jharkhand - Oct 14, 2011
- Three Maoists arrested in Jharkhand - May 17, 2011
- Maoist shutdown hits road services in Jharkhand - Mar 13, 2011
- One rebel killed in gunbattle - Sep 23, 2011
- Two women Maoists surrender in Jharkhand - May 19, 2011
- 30 kg landmine recovered in Jharkhand - Sep 12, 2009
- Two Maoists arrested, weapons recovered - Jan 30, 2011
- Two Maoists surrender in Jharkhand - May 21, 2011
- Landmine recovered in Jharkhand - Mar 26, 2011