Maoist put up posters threatening Trinamool leadersOctober 17th, 2011 - 12:34 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Oct 16 (IANS) A day after West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s seven-day ultimatum to Maoists to choose between guns and negotiation, ultras’ posters in Junglemahal Sunday threatened Trinamool Congress leaders if their pre-poll promise of withdrawing joint security forces and releasing jailed extremists was not kept.
The three handwritten red posters, pasted on walls at Bhadutala market of Salboni in West Midnapore district, were in Bengali.
“Keep your poll promise of withdrawing joint forces. Release jailed political prisoners,” said one of the posters.
“If the promises are not kept the lives of Trinamool Congress leaders will be under threat,” it said.
West Midnapore district administration officials said they were investigating the matter.
“I am giving you seven days’ time. Think over this. If you want a peaceful solution to the problem, no issues. We want the doors of negotiations to be open. This is a last chance. Bloodshed and negotiations cannot go together,” the chief minister said addressing a largely attended rally at the Jhargram stadium of West Midnapore district Saturday.
- Junglemahal peacful, shutdown call partial - Oct 22, 2011
- Talks with Maoists to continue: Bengal interlocutors - Oct 18, 2011
- Maoists demand Mamata's written commitment on talks - Oct 29, 2011
- Maoist sympathisers doubt Mamata's commitment to peace talks - Oct 15, 2011
- Arms or talks? Choose in seven days, Mamata tells Maoists - Oct 15, 2011
- Trinamool leader killed by Maoists - Sep 20, 2011
- Accept mistake about Maoists, Biman tells Mamata - Oct 16, 2011
- Mamata should withdraw joint forces: Mahasweta Devi - Oct 08, 2011
- Bengal Left leader questions Mamata's policies - Oct 19, 2011
- Bengal polls end with heavy voting in Maoist heartland (Intro Roundup) - May 10, 2011
- Mamata Banerjee to visit Maoist hotbeds - Jul 10, 2011
- Will keep railway ministry, resolve insurgency: Mamata - May 13, 2011
- I wish I could canvass for Mahato: Trinamool MP - May 28, 2011
- Coices of dictatorship in Mamata regime: Rights group - Nov 23, 2011
- Bengal election officials earn praise for peaceful polls - May 10, 2011
Tags: administration officials, bengali, bloodshed, chief minister, congress leaders, district administration, extremists, last chance, mamata banerjee, maoist, maoists, midnapore district, negotiation, peaceful solution, political prisoners, security forces, seven days, trinamool congress, ultimatum, west bengal