Maoist posters found plastered in BhubaneswarNovember 30th, 2008 - 9:56 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Nov 30 (IANS) Around half a dozen posters warning people against joining some Hindu groups were found plastered on public walls in the Orissa capital Sunday, the police and eyewitnesses said. These were allegedly pasted by Maoists. The posters in Nayapalli area of the city asked people to refrain from joining groups which were allegedly involved in religious violence.
The posters describe some Hindu groups (such as Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, Vishwa Hindu Parishad and Bajrang Dal) as rioters and warned people of dire consequences if they joined such groups.
The police have registered a case and sent the posters for forensic examination.
“We are investigating the case,” Deputy Commissioner of Police H.K. Lal told IANS.
Similar posters were also found plastered in parts of Orissa’s Kandhamal district, a television channel reported.
The district located some 200 km from here witnessed widespread communal violence after the murder of Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader Swami Laxmanananda Saraswati and four of his aides at his ashram Aug 23.
While the police blamed Maoists for the killings, some Hindu organisations alleged Christians were behind the killings and launched attacks on the community.
Thousands of Christians were forced to flee from their homes after their houses were attacked by rampaging mobs. More than 10,000 people are still living in government-run relief camps in the district.
- Orissa court seeks report on Hindu leader's murder - Apr 20, 2011
- Christmas celebrations pass off peacefully in Orissa - Dec 25, 2010
- 10 kg land mine recovered in Kandhamal - Oct 29, 2011
- Maoist threat to BJP legislator in Orissa's Kandhamal - Jun 04, 2009
- Kandhamal riots: Jail term for 13 - May 18, 2011
- 18 acquitted in Kandhamal riot cases - Jan 29, 2011
- Suspected Maoists blow up ambulance, three dead - Nov 28, 2010
- Court records statement of nun raped in Kandhamal clashes - Nov 03, 2010
- Orissa gives subsidised rice to riots victims - Oct 25, 2010
- Explosives found, blast averted in Kandhamal - Oct 19, 2011
- EU team meets police, Christian leaders over Kandhamal - Feb 04, 2010
- Maoists blow up ambulance, five killed (Lead) - Nov 28, 2010
- NGO holds hearing on Orissa's anti-Christian violence - Aug 22, 2010
- Kandhamal people fear Maoist attack - Nov 29, 2010
- Laxmanananda murder probe: Court slams tardy police probe - May 17, 2011