Maoist nabbed from West Bengal forestOctober 22nd, 2010 - 11:42 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Oct 22 (IANS) A Maoist leader wanted in nine murder cases has been arrested in West Bengal’s Bankura district, police said Friday.
“Acting on a tip-off, security personnel late Thursday raided Paradihi forest in Bankura district and arrested Haren Singh Sardar,” a police official said.
“Haren was wanted in at least 21 cases, including nine murder cases. He will be produced before the court Friday afternoon,” the police official added.
The rebels are active in three western districts of the state - West Midnapore, Bankura and Purulia.
- Six Maoists nabbed from West Bengal - Oct 22, 2010
- Maoist and close aide arrested in West Bengal - Nov 04, 2010
- Two Maoists arrested in West Bengal - Nov 22, 2010
- Maoist, linkman held in West Bengal - Nov 20, 2010
- Maoist wanted in twin murder case held in West Bengal (Lead) - Nov 17, 2010
- Maoist leader arrested for Bengal policeman's murder - Nov 25, 2010
- Maoist, aide arrested in West Bengal - Aug 06, 2010
- 2 Maoists held; arms, ammunition seized - Feb 18, 2011
- Maoist leader held in Bengal - Nov 17, 2010
- Three Maoists arrested in Bengal - Jan 02, 2011
- Two Maoists held in Bengal - Mar 15, 2011
- Two Maoists arrested in Bengal - Dec 17, 2010
- Maoist hideout busted, explosives seized in Bengal - Apr 01, 2011
- Suspected Maoist linkman arrested - Aug 17, 2010
- Four Maoists arrested in Bengal - Jan 03, 2011