Maoist leader arrested in Tamil NaduMay 20th, 2012 - 11:16 am ICT by IANS
Chennai, May 20 (IANS) A Maoist leader, who is alleged to have been providing arms training, has been arrested here, police said Sunday.
Vivek, the state secretary of the banned Communist Party of India-Maoist, was arrested Saturday following an intelligence input.
The Maoist leader, who hails from Dindigul district, is alleged to have been providing arms training in Periakulam in Theni district, around 500 km from here.
Police have taken Vivek to Periakulam and are now on a lookout for his accomplice Padma.
- Slain Maoist leader Azad's wife arrested in Andhra - Jun 10, 2012
- Kishenji successor, 4 aides arrested in Kolkata (Second Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Teacher arrested in Bihar for helping Maoists - Jun 02, 2011
- Maoist leader arrested in Punjab - May 05, 2011
- Maoist strategist held in Bengal (Third Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Former DMK legislator arrested for rape, murder - Jul 14, 2012
- Maoist killed in Bengal gunfight - Jan 04, 2011
- Police hunt for top Maoist near Andhra-Orissa border - Nov 15, 2010
- Hardcore Maoist held in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Maoist strategist held in Bengal (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Maoists held for abduction, murder - Jun 14, 2012
- Rehabilitation of minor female Maoist cadre promised - Nov 23, 2010
- Two former DMK ministers arrested - Jun 04, 2012
- Cream of Maoist movement hails from Andhra - Nov 25, 2011
- Police unearth Maoist arms dump in Odisha - Jul 18, 2012