Maoist guerrillas kill two bank guardsMay 1st, 2008 - 2:48 pm ICT by admin
Kolkata, May 1 (IANS) Two security guards of a State Bank of India branch at Midnapore district in West Bengal were shot dead by Maoist guerrillas. The incident took place Wednesday afternoon at the Doijuri village branch of the bank in west Midnapore.
The attackers did not loot the bank. But after gunning down the guards, they fled with their rifles.
“Around 3 p.m. three people suddenly attacked a guard, Rashidul Islam. Even before he could react, he was shot. Another guard, Samir Sardar, who came to his help, was also killed,” Superintendent of Police R. Rajshekharan told IANS.
“We are certain that the attackers were Maoists. If they had been dacoits, they would have looted the bank. Witnesses said that they shouted `Maobad Zindabad’ (Long live Maoism) before escaping,” he added.
- Suspected Maoists kill CPI-M leader - Nov 03, 2010
- Dacoits loot Karachi bank of Rs.9.6 mn - Aug 10, 2011
- Maoists kill CPI-M leader in West Bengal - Oct 20, 2010
- Maoist hideout busted in Bengal, arms seized - Feb 03, 2011
- Rs.15 lakh looted from Bengal bank - Jul 23, 2010
- Mamata hints at unleashing joint forces against Maoists - Nov 04, 2011
- Bangladeshi bandit killed in Tripura - Mar 29, 2012
- Gold worth Rs.one crore looted - Oct 30, 2010
- CID starts fresh probe into Silda attack case - May 23, 2011
- Fresh probe in Silda attack to check CPI-M angle: Police - May 23, 2011
- Two Maoists arrested in Bengal - Dec 17, 2010
- Maoists kill two police officers, abduct one in Bengal (Intro Roundup) - Oct 21, 2009
- Maoists shot policemen in head, burnt two - Jan 22, 2012
- Maoists kill two people, loot arms in Bihar (up date) - Mar 24, 2010
- Eight Maoists killed in Bengal, bodies recovered (Third Lead) - Jun 17, 2010