Maoist couple killed in ChhattisgarhOctober 15th, 2010 - 10:53 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Oct 15 (IANS) Chhattisgarh Police Friday gunned down two Maoist commanders - a husband and wife duo - when they were about to strike an arms deal, police said.
The incident took place in a village in Durg district, around 30 km from here.
Police fired on three Maoists when they were waiting at Jamul area to strike an arms deal, Durg district police chief Amit Kumar told IANS.
“Maoist commander Nagesh and his wife Pramila were killed on the spot while another Maoist managed to escape,” he added.
Nagesh, 45, was active in Bastar for the past 18 years along with his 28-year-old wife and was involved in several deadly attacks on police and civilians.
Chhattisgarh’s Director General of Police Vishwa Ranjan termed the killings a major success and announced an award for the policemen.
- Three CRPF men killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Three CRPF men killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack (Second Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Two Maoists killed in Chhattisgarh encounter - Oct 15, 2010
- Five policemen die in Maoist attack - Jun 09, 2011
- Two Maoists killed in gun battle - Mar 16, 2011
- Two deadly attacks in Chhatttisgarh, 15 cops killed (Third Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Maoists attack Chhattisgarh police station, no casualty (Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- Maoists attack police station in Chhattisgarh - Jun 13, 2011
- Eight Maoists killed in Chhattisgarh gun battle - Oct 09, 2010
- Four Maoists, one trooper killed in Chhattisgarh gun battle - Aug 17, 2011
- Maoists kill Chhattisgarh Congress leader's kin, employee - Jul 08, 2010
- Gunfight with Maoists over, Chhattisgarh cops safe (Fourth Lead) - Aug 04, 2010
- Maoists kill five security men in Chhattisgarh (Second Lead) - Aug 29, 2010
- Maoists kill six cops in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Oct 21, 2011
- Eight Maoists killed in Chhattisgarh gunfight (Lead) - Oct 09, 2010