Maoist camp busted, arms seizedJanuary 22nd, 2012 - 9:51 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Jan 22 (IANS) Police busted a Maoist camp in Odisha’s tribal Malkangiri district and recovered several arms and weapons from the site, an officer said.
A senior district police officer said a team comprising district voluntary force and special operation group personnel raided a forested area under Kalimela police station and came across the camp.
After a brief exchange of fire, the rebels escaped into the forest. There was no report of any injury from either side.
Police recovered at least two country made guns, several unused bullets and explosive material from the site, the officer said.
Malkangiri, over 500 kms from Bhubaneswar, is considered a Maoist stronghold.
- Explosives seized in Odisha - Feb 08, 2012
- Woman Maoist killed in Orissa gun fight (Lead) - Apr 24, 2011
- Two Maoists held in Odisha - Jan 28, 2012
- Maoists torch excavator in Odisha - Jul 20, 2012
- Police unearth Maoist arms dump in Odisha - Jul 18, 2012
- SPO shot dead by Maoists in Odisha - Jul 29, 2012
- Maoists torch construction equipments in Odisha - Jul 10, 2012
- Maoist camp destroyed in Odisha - Aug 08, 2012
- Security forces unearth Maoist arms dump in Odisha - Sep 11, 2012
- Maoists, police exchange fire in Orissa - May 14, 2011
- Maoists kill Odisha villager - Jul 07, 2012
- Maoist shutdown hits life in Orissa district - Apr 28, 2011
- Maoists blow up BSF vehicle in Odisha, four killed - Feb 10, 2012
- Maoist couple killed in Odisha gun battle - Jan 27, 2012
- Maoists kill home guard in Odisha ahead of I-Day - Aug 14, 2012