Maoist blast kills 10 CRPF troopers in Maharashtra (Lead, changing dateline)March 27th, 2012 - 3:18 pm ICT by IANS
Gadchiroli (Maharashtra), March 27 (IANS) At least 10 Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) troopers were killed Tuesday when a mine blast triggered by Maoists blew up their vehicle in Dhanora area of Gadchiroli district, a top official said.
Though details of the incident - which occurred deep in the jungle, around 50 km from the Gadchiroli district headquarters - are still being collated, an official who declined to be identified termed the blast “a very major one”.
“As per our preliminary information, at least 10 are feared killed. Given the intensity of the blast, the casualty figure could go up,” he added.
The injured are being rushed to local hospitals and the serious ones are being taken to Nagpur, around 175 km from here.
Top police and civil officials have left for the scene of the incident and further details are awaited.
- Maoists kills 10 CRPF troopers in Maharashtra (Second Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- Maoists kill 11 CRPF troopers in landmine blast (Third Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- Maoists kill 12 CRPF troopers in landmine blast (Fourth Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- No intelligence alert on Maoist attack: R.R. Patil - Mar 28, 2012
- Five killed in Maoist attack - May 05, 2011
- Maoist attack toll rises to six (Lead) - May 05, 2011
- Chidambaram visits Gadchiroli to review security - Dec 28, 2010
- Five troopers killed in Chhattisgarh landmine blast - May 18, 2011
- Two CRPF troopers killed in Chhattisgarh blast - Aug 07, 2012
- Chidambaram visits Maoist-affected Gadchiroli (Lead) - Dec 28, 2010
- Three CRPF men killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Two CRPF troopers killed in Chhattisgarh blast (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Chidambaram visits Gadchiroli, reviews anti-naxal operations - Dec 28, 2010
- Maoists strike again, 7 security men injured - Oct 05, 2010
- Maoists' attack trail in the past year - Apr 06, 2010