Maoist arrested in OrissaFebruary 3rd, 2010 - 4:11 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Feb 3 (IANS) A Maoist was arrested from Gudari area in Orissa’s Rayagada district, police said Wednesday.
“We have arrested a hardcore Maoist last night (Tuesday) from a village in Gudari area of the district. He was involved in several Maoists activities. He used to assemble bombs,” Anup Krishna, superintendent of police of Rayagada, said.
The Maoist, named Purna alias Kudukaka, was arrested in a joint operation of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and the state police during searches in Tubuni, Bandangi and Katraguda villages of the district Tuesday night.
According to the police, Purna provided logistic support and managing explosives in that area. Police recovered five guns and five land mines besides explosives from his possession.
Rayagada is about 400 km from here.
- Hardcore Maoist arrested in Orissa with huge cache of arms - Feb 06, 2010
- Two Maoists arrested in Orissa - Feb 09, 2010
- Four Maoists arrested in Orissa - Dec 26, 2009
- Two Maoist sympathisers arrested in Chhattisgarh - Jan 20, 2011
- Maoist arrested with explosives - Apr 22, 2010
- Two Maoists arrested in Orissa - Oct 21, 2009
- Two Maoists arrested in Orissa - Oct 25, 2009
- Police unearth Maoist arms dump in Odisha - Jul 18, 2012
- Maoists kill home guard in Odisha ahead of I-Day - Aug 14, 2012
- Fake Maoist gang busted in Odisha - Mar 13, 2012
- Kandhamal on alert after Maoist reveals attack plan - Oct 18, 2011
- Measles kills four kids, affects over 80 in Odisha - Apr 30, 2012
- Five Maoists involved in cop massacre held in Jharkhand - Feb 29, 2012
- Maoist couple killed in Odisha gun battle - Jan 27, 2012
- Three Maoists arrested in Orissa - Oct 30, 2009
Tags: alias, bhubaneswar, bombs, crpf, district police, explosives, guns, krishna, land mines, logistic support, maoist, maoists, orissa, police force, possession, reserve police, state police, superintendent, tuesday night