Manyata’s former husband gets bailSeptember 8th, 2008 - 8:23 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 8 (IANS) A Mumbai court Monday granted bail to Miraj-ur-Rehman, the former husband of Manyata, wife of Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt, in a case pertaining to escape from custody of the Hyderabad police last month.His lawyer Tasneem Khan told IANS he had been released on a personal bond of Rs.7,000 and Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate A. Wankhede of the Bandra 9th Court granted time till Sep 22 to organize the money.
He will be released after spending 12 months in custody for various cases, she said.
Miraj, who was under the custody of the Hyderabad police in a case, had escaped from a hotel in Bandra, a northwest Mumbai suburb. Within hours, he was re-arrested after he was seen speaking to a television channel.
Tasneem said the court had earlier rejected his application for bail on grounds that he could jump bail if released. Earlier, Miraj had been granted bail in three different cases pertaining to sending obscene messages to some Bollywood actresses.
- Release cartoonist Trivedi or face protest: Kejriwal - Sep 11, 2012
- Aseem Trivedi walks out of jail (Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- SIT to investigate cartoonist Trivedi's case - Sep 13, 2012
- Police cut short quizzing cartoonist Aseem Trivedi (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Abu Salem gets bail in extortion case - Jun 26, 2012
- Bail granted for 8 accused in LIC housing loan scam - Dec 04, 2010
- Cartoonist Trivedi's questioning cut short, sent to judicial custody (Second Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Court rejects Bangaru Laxman's plea in graft case (Lead) - Dec 13, 2011
- Abu Salem gets bail in extortion case (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Jundal's questioning extended till Sep 10 - Sep 03, 2012
- IPL molestation case: Victim's fiancee backs her version - May 20, 2012
- Cartoonist Trivedi gets bail, refuses to be freed till charges dropped (Second Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Abhishek Verma calls fresh case politically motivated - Aug 09, 2012
- Mumbai hit-and-run: Pereira surrenders, sent home (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Suspected Maoist slaps defamation case on government - Jan 04, 2012