Mantralaya to be functional in three months, says BhujbalJune 23rd, 2012 - 9:59 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 23 (IANS) The Maharashtra government’s fire-ravaged administrative headquarters, Mantralaya, is expected to be fully functional within three months, Public Works Department Minister Chhagan Bhujbal said here Saturday.
A team of private experts which inspected the three lower floors of the ground-plus-six floor building Saturday cleared them for normal functioning, the minister added. These would be put to normal use in three days.
“We shall acquire fire-proof plywood, top quality modular furniture from reputed manufacturers, spartek tiles and other things to carry out interior repairs and renovation work on a war-footing,” Bhujbal said.
“If everything goes as per schedules, we plan to make Mantralaya fully operational as before within three months,” he told media persons after inspecting the building.
The huge fire Thursday gutted large parts of the top four floors of the iconic building. The blaze was doused after nearly 27 hours and cooling operations will continue till next Thursday.
The fire claimed five lives and left 16 injured, including several officials.
- Mantralaya to be functional in three months, says Bhujbal (Lead) - Jun 23, 2012
- Mantralaya resumes work after four days - Jun 25, 2012
- Fire-ravaged Mantralaya to get new look - Aug 30, 2012
- Chavan, Bhujbal inspect fire-ravaged Mantralaya - Jun 23, 2012
- Pawar lauds rescue operations during Mantralaya fire - Jun 22, 2012
- Mantralaya fire continues second day - Jun 22, 2012
- Chavan reviews situation after Mantralaya blaze - Jun 21, 2012
- Mantralaya blaze: Chavan says fire controlled, orders probe (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Mantralaya fire toll rises to five (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Two killed, 16 injured in Mantralaya fire (Intro Night Lead) (With images) - Jun 22, 2012
- Chavan takes stock of Mantralaya fire - Jun 22, 2012
- Bhujbal trust's building to be probed - Apr 06, 2012
- Mantralaya fire: toll climbs to three (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Tricolour flutters atop charred Mantralaya again - Jun 24, 2012
- ACB seeks nod to probe Bhujbal for Maharashtra Sadan irregularities - Sep 13, 2012
Tags: administrative headquarters, blaze, chhagan bhujbal, fire proof, interior repairs, june 23, maharashtra government, mantralaya, media persons, modular furniture, mumbai, plywood, private experts, renovation work, three months, tiles, war footing