Manoj Kumar wins case against ‘Om Shanti Om’August 8th, 2008 - 8:55 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 8 (IANS) After winning a permanent injunction order from the Dindoshi session’s court on the scenes in “Om Shanti Om” that lampoon the legendary Manoj Kumar, the actor’s advocate said they are also planning for a criminal suit to be filed against the makers of the movie. “We have won the case as the court has ordered a permanent injunction on the scenes which mock the actor. Now we are planning for a criminal case,” advocate Ashok Saraogi told IANS here Friday.
Saraogi said they are also planning to file a criminal case against the director Farah Khan and producers Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri Khan for purposely defaming a person in public.
He said: “We will be filing the case against the makers of the movie Monday under sections 499 and 500 which says defaming a person advertently either through words, print, movies or any other medium is a criminal offence.”
City Civil Court Judge D.R. Mahajan of Dindoshi Goregaon, in his judgment, has ordered the producers and Sony Entertainment Television to edit the scenes before showing the film on the channel.
- Court restrains Emami from airing oil ad on TV - Jun 18, 2012
- Sensationalism, says Singhvi as CD goes viral on web - Apr 21, 2012
- Court summons former army chief in defamation case (Third lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Manoj Kumar files case against TV premiere of "Om Shanti Om" - Aug 05, 2008
- Court restrains airing of CD 'featuring' Singhvi - Apr 19, 2012
- Remove derogatory content against Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, Google told - May 10, 2012
- Court dismisses plea for probe into Singhvi CD - Apr 25, 2012
- Singhvi blames organised gang as CD goes viral on internet (Second Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Singhvi blames 'organised gang' as CD goes viral on web (Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Court summons former army chief in defamation case (Second Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Court reserves order on further probe in case against army chief - May 25, 2012
- SC refuses to lift stay on criminal proceedings against Yeddyurappa - Apr 29, 2011
- Court allows Badal's plea to withdraw case against Amarinder - Oct 16, 2010
- UTV wins 'Thank You' title row - Apr 06, 2011
- Cancellation of ex-army chief's bail sought - Aug 08, 2012