Manmohan regime sinking due to corruption: BuddhadebSeptember 9th, 2012 - 10:35 pm ICT by IANS
Arambagh (West Bengal), Sep 9 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s government is sinking due to unchecked corruption and unbridled capitalism, senior Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader and former West Bengal chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee said here Sunday.
“The Manmohan Singh government is not in a happy situation. Manmohan also knows that. He is still in power. But the condition is indeed bad,” Bhattacharjee told a party meeting in this Hooghly district town.
The CPI-M politburo member said the capitalist path pursued by the central government has now led to howls of protest. “This protest is against the danger being ushered in by the Manmohan regime with its motto or strengthening the capitalist order.”
“There are holes in his boat. It will sink… under the weight of corruption. First it was the Commonwealth Games scam, then the scam over 2G licences. And now there is coalgate,” he said.
- Buddhadeb wants mass protest against Trinamool - Sep 09, 2012
- Buddhadeb denied permission to hold conference in Bengal - Aug 23, 2012
- Buddhadeb to skip CPI-M politburo meet again - Oct 16, 2011
- Mamata government intolerant, tries to evade responsibility: Left - Aug 23, 2012
- Buddhadeb hits out at Mamata's remarks - Aug 16, 2012
- Don't vote for CPI-M till it punishes Anil Basu: Pranab - Apr 24, 2011
- Buddhadeb skips CPI-M meet - Apr 03, 2012
- CPI-M begins introspection on poll debacle (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- CPI-M leader apologises for comments on Mamata - Apr 24, 2011
- Buddhadeb skips CPI-M central committee meet - Jul 21, 2010
Tags: bhattacharjee, capitalism, central government, chief minister, commonwealth games, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, corruption, CPI, holes, hooghly district, manmohan, manmohan singh, motto, politburo member, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, protest, regime, west bengal