Manmohan itching to return to work!January 25th, 2009 - 7:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 25 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, recuperating after a marathon bypass surgery, is desperate to resume work and at the earliest, doctors said Sunday.“The prime minister expressed his wish to start work at the earliest when we met him in the morning,” said Sampath Kumar, who heads the 11-member team of doctors treating Manmohan Singh at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) here.
“He is speaking normally, his ECG is normal and he is fully conscious. He is constantly expressing his desire to resume work,” added head surgeon Ramakant Panda.
Asked when could he get back to work, Panda said: “The prime minister decides that.”
Manmohan Singh underwent a 11-hour multiple bypass surgery at the AIIMS Saturday.
- Six months after double bypass, Gogoi 'hale and hearty' (With Image) - Feb 04, 2012
- PM making great progress, wants to resume work (Roundup) - Jan 25, 2009
- PM stable and recovering: doctors - Jan 25, 2009
- Gogoi to undergo two heart surgeries Wednesday - Aug 03, 2010
- PM's heart surgeon Ramakant Panda injured in accident - Dec 27, 2010
- PM's heart surgeon Panda injured in car accident (Lead) - Dec 27, 2010
- PM's heart surgeon Ramakant Panda gets Padma Bhushan - Jan 25, 2010
- Gogoi to undergo heart surgeries in Mumbai - Jul 30, 2010
- Panda justifies conducting bypass surgery on PM - May 28, 2009
- Vijay Amritraj inspires brave-hearts of Mumbai Marathon - Jan 14, 2012
- PM's heart surgeon Panda escapes unhurt in accident (Second Lead) - Dec 27, 2010
- Complicated heart surgeries performed successfully on Gogoi (Lead) - Aug 04, 2010
- Mumbai heart hospital ranked safest in world - Jun 08, 2012
- After marathon heart surgery 'PM stable and conscious': head of surgery team - Jan 25, 2009
- PM's health improving, foreign leaders wish him well (Lead) - Jan 25, 2009