Manipuri militant held in Odisha port townMay 29th, 2012 - 11:16 am ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, May 29 (IANS) A member of Manipur extremist group People’s Liberation Army (PLA) has been arrested in an Odisha town, police said Tuesday.
S.S. Angou, aged about 40 years, was picked up Monday evening by a National Investigation Agency (NIA) team from the port town of Gopalpur, in Ganjam district, about 170 km from here.
“He had come to meet his wife,” Shefeen Ahmed Khan, the district superintendent of police told IANS. Angou was reportedly looking after the external affairs wing of the PLA, he said.
Khan said police did not find any evidence of his link with Maoists in the state. “It appears that he had only come to meet his wife”, he added.
- Orissa Congress legislator arrested in Andhra - May 14, 2010
- Maoists kill tribal on charge of spying - Jan 07, 2012
- Top PLA rebel arrested in Meghalaya - Sep 05, 2012
- 18-year-old runner dies during half marathon - Jan 03, 2012
- Maoists abduct two Italians in Odisha (Intro Roundup) - Mar 19, 2012
- Mercury dips to 3.6 degree Celsius in Odisha - Dec 22, 2011
- Orissa fishermen alerted over cyclone 'Jal' - Nov 07, 2010
- German journalist barred from visiting Odisha tribal area - Jun 28, 2012
- Maoists abduct two Italians in Odisha (Fourth Lead) - Mar 18, 2012
- Odisha begins dialogue to secure release of Italians - Mar 22, 2012
- Two Orissa ports on alert over cyclone 'Jal' - Nov 06, 2010
- BJD leader held for blast in Odisha - Jan 09, 2012
- Three killed as molasses tank bursts in Odisha - Jan 23, 2012
- Maoists set free Odisha legislator Jhina Hikaka (Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Arrest of anti-Posco leader triggers tension - Nov 27, 2011