Manipur militant nabbed in GuwahatiMay 25th, 2012 - 8:27 pm ICT by IANS
Guwahati, May 25 (IANS) A hard core militant of a Manipur based rebel group was arrested here and incriminating documents recovered from his possession, Assam Police said Friday.
Additional Superintendent of Police (Operation) Ranjan Bhuyan confirmed this to IANS and said the man, a Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP) cadre, was arrested Thursday night during a joint operation by police and the Centre Reserve Police Force (CRPF).
“The cadre, identified as K. Roshan alias Rahul, was arrested from a rented house in Guwahati’s Hatigaon area,” Bhuyan said, adding that the militant was a member of the military council of the KCP.
He was staying in Guwahati for medical treatment for the last two months, Bhuyan said.
“We have also recovered some incriminating documents from the KCP cadre and handed those over to our counterpart in Manipur, who will follow up the investigation,” he said.
On Wednesday night, BSF troops, guarding the Indo-Bangla border in Meghalaya, had arrested three female cadres of Manipur-based militant outfits and two minor children while they were trying to sneak into the Indian territory from Bangladesh.
- Manipuri militant nabbed - Feb 16, 2012
- Militant from Manipur outfit arrested in Guwahati - Mar 24, 2012
- Two rebels held, northeast on alert as I-Day approaches - Aug 09, 2011
- Garo militant arrested in Assam - Mar 08, 2012
- Five Manipuri militants nabbed in Assam - Jun 08, 2012
- Three militants arrested in Meghalaya - May 24, 2012
- Manipuri militant nabbed in Assam - Mar 20, 2012
- Top PLA rebel arrested in Meghalaya - Sep 05, 2012
- Militant nabbed in Meghalaya - Jun 05, 2012
- Militants gun down man in Assam - Aug 13, 2011
- Manipur ultra nabbed in West Bengal - Jun 12, 2012
- Five militants surrender in Assam - Oct 29, 2010
- Bodo militants, Ulfa linkman nabbed in Assam - Jul 10, 2012
- PLA militant arrested in Imphal - Dec 29, 2010
- BSF chief to visit Indo-Bangla border in Meghalaya - Jun 20, 2012
Tags: alias, assam police, bangla, cadres, communist party, counterpart, hard core, indian territory, kcp, last two months, medical treatment, militant outfits, military council, police force, police operation, rahul, rebel group, reserve police, roshan, thursday night