Manchester United to face Swansea or Fulham in FA CupFebruary 16th, 2009 - 1:44 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 16 (DPA) After Sunday’s FA Cup quarter-final draw, Manchester United know that their hunt for an unprecedented quintuple will take them to either Swansea City or Fulham.
United brushed aside Derby County 4-1 to book their place in the last eight.
They have already won the Club World Championship, are top of the Premier League and face Tottenham Hotspur later this month in the final of the Carling Cup.
They face Italian champions Internazionale in the last 16 of the Champions League.
Championship side Swansea, having already knocked out Portsmouth, went desperately close to securing another Premier League scalp Saturday when they drew 1-1 with Fulham.
Chelsea, after their 3-1 victory over Watford, travel to either Blackburn Rovers or Coventry City.
The only other team definitely through, Everton, who beat Aston Villa 3-1, are home to West Ham United or Middlesbrough.
Arsenal face Cardiff City in a fourth-round replay Monday, the winners of that tie facing Burnley for the right to play the winners of the fifth-round tie between Sheffield United and Hull City.
The quarter-finals are scheduled to be played on the weekend of March 7.
The draw in full:
Blackburn Rovers or Coventry City v Chelsea; Swansea City or Fulham v Manchester United; Cardiff City or Arsenal or Burnley v Sheffield United or Hull City; Everton v West Ham United or Middlesbrough.
- Leeds rewarded with trip to Spurs - Jan 04, 2010
- Wigan strikes late to draw with Chelsea - Dec 18, 2011
- Manchester City top Premier League as Bolton takes emotional win - Mar 25, 2012
- Chelsea thrash Wigan to lift Premier League title - May 10, 2010
- Chelsea fight back to stretch lead - Dec 29, 2009
- Fan who backed Premier League underdogs lands bet - Jan 03, 2012
- Last-minute thrillers render Chelsea win, Arsenal loss - Jan 03, 2012
- Anelka nets hat-trick Chelsea reach FA Cup quarters - Feb 15, 2009
- Rooney kept out of England squad for Spain, Sweden friendlies - Nov 07, 2011
- England announce 23-man squad for Euro Championship - May 16, 2012
- Chelsea and Man Utd determined to avoid another slip-up - Dec 17, 2009
- Blackburn ousted by Coventry in FA Cup; Fulham through - Feb 25, 2009
- Chelsea edge past Burnley to extend lead - Jan 31, 2010
- Fulham next obstacle in United's race for quintuple - Mar 06, 2009
- Liverpool, City secure Carling Cup semifinal berths - Nov 30, 2011