Manali wrapped up in white blanketDecember 10th, 2011 - 9:04 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Dec 10 (IANS) Snowfall continued to elude this Himachal Pradesh capital Saturday, but another tourist resort, Manali, had moderate snow again.
The minimum temperature recorded at Manali that saw 5 cm of snow was 1.2 degrees Celsius, the weather office here said.
“For the second consecutive day, Manali and the hills overlooking it experienced mild to moderate spells of snow early Saturday,” Manmohan Singh, director of the meteorological office here, told IANS.
He said picturesque Kalpa, some 250 km from Shimla, also experienced 3.6 cm of snow.
“High-altitude areas of Lahaul and Spiti, Chamba, Mandi, Kullu, Kinnaur and Shimla districts have been experiencing snow since Wednesday,” the official said.
Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district was the coldest place in the state with a low of 6 degrees Celsius below the freezing point, while it was minus-3 degrees in Kalpa, 5.5 in Dharamsala and 5.1 degrees in Shimla.
As news of the snowfall flashed across the plains, tourists started arriving at Manali and the nearby hills.
The weatherman said the weather would remain dry after Sunday as the western disturbances would recede from the region.
- Mild snowfall in Shimla, Manali - Mar 08, 2012
- More snowfall, rain in Himachal - Feb 16, 2011
- Himachal's Keylong sees season's heaviest snow - Mar 05, 2012
- Snowfall continues in Himachal hills - Jun 02, 2011
- Shimla, Manali get snowfall, mercury dips (Lead) - Feb 16, 2011
- Himachal hill towns get set for more snow (Lead) - Jan 09, 2011
- More snow in Manali, Kalpa and higher reaches of Himachal - Jan 26, 2012
- Fresh snow in Himachal - Apr 11, 2012
- Fresh snow in Himachal, cold wave unabated - Feb 04, 2012
- Himachal may experience heavy snow, rain - Mar 01, 2011
- Severe cold in Himachal, snowfall disrupts flights (Lead) - Jan 15, 2011
- Snow, rain continue in Himachal - Feb 14, 2012
- More snow in Himachal, high alert in state (Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
- It's snowing Valentine's fun in Himachal - Feb 13, 2012
- Shimla, Manali get more snowfall (Lead) - Feb 26, 2011
Tags: chamba, coldest place, dharamsala, freezing point, himachal pradesh, kinnaur, lahaul and spiti district, manmohan, manmohan singh, meteorological office, minimum temperature, moderate snow, nearby hills, snowfall, spells, tourist resort, tourists, weather office, weatherman