Management graduate caught snatching bag in DelhiApril 4th, 2009 - 9:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 4 (IANS) A 31-year-old management graduate Saturday tried hard to escape on his motorbike after snatching a bag in the capital but was caught after a brief chase by a constable and two youngsters, the police said.
Two women Manisha and Kanika were travelling on a cycle-rickshaw in Defence Colony in the afternoon. Amit Kumar, a resident of Rohini, allegedly snatched a bag from one of them.
“Amit first asked them directions to some address and left. But he came back a few minutes later and snatched the bag. The women immediately raised an alarm. Our beat constable who was patrolling in the area and two others gave Amit a chase for about two kilometres before overpowering him,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (South Delhi) H.G.S. Dhaliwal.
“Amit in his interrogation said he was a management graduate and works for a transport company. He hails from a well-to-do family. He said he was an alcoholic and drug addict,” he added.
Amit was taken to a court and then sent to judicial custody.
- Chain snatcher shot dead in Noida, accomplice escapes - Jan 27, 2011
- Man arrested for snatching foreigner's bag - Nov 11, 2011
- Kashmir locals help police in chasing militants - Aug 25, 2012
- Robbers shoot at cop, one held in east Delhi - May 02, 2010
- Three Uttarakhand cops held after prisoner escapes - Feb 11, 2011
- 54 policemen killed in Karachi in 2012 - Sep 02, 2012
- CRPF ex-cop sentenced to death for killing seven - Apr 30, 2012
- Man arrested for thefts at marriage functions - Dec 07, 2010
- Woman rewarded for foiling snatching bid - Nov 15, 2011
- IIT-aspirant arrested for Delhi teacher's killing - Dec 21, 2010
- Gang of robbers who had injured constable held - Sep 07, 2009
- Kolkata engineer designs wonder rickshaw (With Images) - Jun 15, 2012
- Man fired at after bid to snatch mother's gold chain - Nov 04, 2011
- DTC bus kills cyclist (Second Lead) - May 27, 2012
- Robbers who used toy pistols nabbed - Mar 26, 2010