Man wanted in 2 dozen cases shot dead in Uttar PradeshOctober 12th, 2008 - 8:24 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 12 (IANS) A man wanted in over two dozen cases was killed Sunday in Uttar Pradesh’s Agra district in a shoot-out with the police, an official said.The shoot-out took place in the early hours when the Special Task Force spotted Veera Singh on the outskirts of the district.
“Wanted for over two dozen cases of heinous nature in Agra and adjoining districts, Singh carried a cash reward of Rs.20,000. He opened fire at the police party when challenged,” Brijlal, additional director general of police (crime, law and order), told reporters.
While the STF sleuths shot dead Singh, his accomplice managed to escape.
“We have recovered a motorcycle besides a country made pistol and live cartridges from the spot,” Brijlal added.
A few months ago, Singh, who was a member of the Durgesh gang, had also opened fire at a senior police official in Firozabad district.
Durgesh was killed in a police ambush recently and since then Singh was heading the gang, Brijlal added.
- Wanted gangster killed in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 31, 2011
- Gangster gunned down in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 07, 2011
- Gangster killed in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 10, 2010
- Accused in Ghaziabad wedding shooting held - Jan 10, 2012
- Two aides of gangster Munna Bajrangi held - Oct 13, 2010
- Ghaziabad shootout latest twist in mounting extortion trade - Nov 22, 2011
- Cops gun down wanted criminal in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 28, 2011
- Arms smuggler held in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 10, 2011
- Gang supplying arms to Maoists busted (Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Police gun down gangster - Oct 25, 2011
- Man wanted in 13 criminal cases arrested - Jul 13, 2012
- Cops gun down gangster in Lucknow - Feb 10, 2011
- Two arrested for attack on gang leader in Ghaziabad - Nov 25, 2011
- Four held with cache of firearms - Feb 03, 2011
- Three killed in firing at marriage function - Nov 19, 2011