Man steals Rs.10 lakh from Delhi office, heldAugust 6th, 2012 - 10:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 6 (IANS) A 19-year-old man stole over Rs.10 lakh from his employer’s office here to start a new household but landed in the police net within 24 hours of the crime, said an official Monday.
Akshey, a resident of north Delhi’s Jahangirpuri neighbourhood who stole the money Aug 2, was arrested Aug 4 and the Rs.10.78 lakh stolen by him were recovered, said Deputy Commissioner of Police P. Karunakaran.
“The accused was involved in three criminal cases and had served a jail term before taking up a job at a spare parts office in north Delhi’s Ashok Vihar four months ago,” said Karunakaran.
“He wished to start a new household for which he committed the theft,” said the official.
- To bail out lover, girl burgles employer's house - Oct 06, 2011
- Man involved in 250 CNG car kit thefts held - Feb 21, 2011
- Raids on Kanda's homes, offices continue - Aug 09, 2012
- Delhi sees six robberies in one night - Aug 13, 2010
- Brothers found strangled, tenant absconding - Aug 30, 2011
- Three highway robbers held - Mar 05, 2011
- South African, woman arrested for drug peddling - Jan 08, 2012
- Cops summon Kanda for questioning in Geetika suicide - Aug 08, 2012
- Factory worker held for harassing girl - Aug 31, 2012
- Four held in Delhi for IPL betting - May 02, 2011
- Former maid, paramour arrested for robbing French national's house - Apr 22, 2012
- Delhi servant who stole crores arrested in Bihar - Apr 03, 2012
- Engineer becomes thief to recover business losses - May 11, 2012
- Man involved in 300 vehicle thefts held - Jan 16, 2012
- Two automobile thieves held - Jan 29, 2011