Man shot dead resisting robberyFebruary 1st, 2011 - 12:07 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 31 (IANS) A 40-year-old man was shot dead in east Delhi Monday as he resisted attempts by two motorcycle-borne assailants to snatch his bag containing several lakh rupees, police said.The incident happened around 4.30 p.m. when Vinod, a cashier in a scrap shop, was on his way from Patparganj to his employer’s house in Mansarovar Park with a payment.
“Vinod was on his motorcycle when the duo overtook him from behind and tried to snatch the bag but failed due to stiff resistance from the victim. Enraged, they fired two shots at him killing him instantly and fled with the bag,” a police official said.
Vinod was rushed to Guru Tegh Bahadur hospital, where doctors declared him dead.
“We are investigating the case and the exact amount of looted money is still being ascertained,” added the official.
- Rs.5 lakh looted, businessman injured - Jun 11, 2012
- Man looted of Rs.3.5 lakh, killed in Gujarat - Feb 01, 2010
- Businessman shot dead in Lucknow - Nov 30, 2009
- Man shot at, thrown off flyover by robbers - Jan 10, 2011
- Man shot dead, robbed of Rs.3 lakh - Jan 26, 2011
- Delhi brothers shot at by snatchers - Jun 18, 2012
- Jeweller shot dead in Delhi - Feb 23, 2011
- Man shot dead in Delhi - Sep 06, 2011
- Robbers snatch Rs.5 lakh, victim retrieves money - Oct 03, 2011
- Doctor shot dead in Lucknow - Oct 27, 2010
- Company cashier looted of Rs.230,000 at gunpoint - Jan 04, 2010
- Man shot dead for resisting robbery bid - May 10, 2010
- Trader looted of Rs.8 lakh in Ghaziabad - Mar 28, 2011
- Businessman killed in Delhi - Oct 21, 2011
- BJP leader shot dead in Kanpur - Jul 16, 2011