Man shot dead in train in BiharAugust 6th, 2009 - 2:48 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Aug 6 (IANS) A man was shot dead in a train near Barh railway station in Bihar’s Patna district Thursday, police said.
A group of five armed criminals shot dead the man, travelling in Kamla-Ganga intercity express train, at Kanhiyapur halt near Barh railway station, about 65 km from Patna.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (Railways) Rajendra Prasad said it was not a case of robbery but was due to personal enmity.
“Police will inquire into it,” he said.
According to railway sources, the train was travelling from Darbhanga to Patna when the incident took place. It was halted at Barh railway station, where railway police removed the body and sent it for post-mortem.
- Armed robbers loot handicapped in Bihar train - Sep 06, 2009
- Rail official killed in Bihar - Aug 08, 2012
- Man killed in Delhi - Nov 18, 2011
- Train traffic disrupted, shops closed in Bihar (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Delhi Police constable shot dead - Apr 21, 2012
- Train traffic disrupted, shops closed in Bihar - May 31, 2012
- Another train robbery in Bihar - Aug 21, 2010
- Strike evokes near total response in Bihar (Second Lead) - Jul 05, 2010
- Newborn girl's body found in train - Feb 15, 2011
- Five murders in Delhi - Jul 08, 2011
- Gang kills constable at home - Mar 04, 2011
- Strike disrupts normal life in Bihar - May 10, 2012
- Rooftop train travel kills five - Sep 25, 2011
- Maoists hoist black flags in Bihar - Aug 15, 2012
- Strike evokes a near total response in Bihar (Second Lead) - Jul 10, 2010
Tags: bihar, criminals, darbhanga, deputy superintendent, enmity, express train, ganga, intercity express, patna district, post mortem, railway police, railway station, railways, rajendra prasad, robbery