Man shot at in west Delhi areaJuly 18th, 2012 - 6:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 18 (IANS) A 36-year-old man was fired on by three armed assailants here in the capital, police said Wednesday.
The shooting was reported around 7.30 p.m. Tuesday from west Delhi’s Narela area.
Rajeev Rawat, a resident of Bakner village in Narela area, was shot at while returning to his home.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital from where he was discharged after first aid as only one bullet had pierced in his right hand.
“A case regarding the incident has been registered against three accused, namely Jeet, Govind alias Chhotu and Yogesh, who are absconding,” said a police official.
According to Rawat’s statement to the police, the three attackers “were known to him and they wanted to eliminate him to settle their personal grudge”, added the official.
According to police, the accused are involved in several criminal cases while Rawat too has a criminal background.
- Guard shoots men trying to steal gun - Jan 19, 2012
- Man fired at in west Delhi, injured - Dec 26, 2011
- Municipal poll contestant shot in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 19, 2012
- Two get life term for murder of Meerut university professor - Sep 23, 2011
- Delhi Police ASI shoots head constable (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Private firm manager shot dead in Delhi - Jul 25, 2012
- Teacher shot dead in capital - Apr 18, 2012
- Honour killing: 25-year old man killed in Punjab - Apr 16, 2012
- Nine booked for a Noida family's deaths - Dec 28, 2011
- Man shoots friend to avenge beating, arrested - Feb 07, 2011
- Police solve Indore murder case - Apr 16, 2010
- Housewife shot at her house - Nov 09, 2011
- Two minors gang raped in the capital - Feb 11, 2012
- Gang involved in stealing over 50 cars busted - Nov 25, 2010
- Three arrested for murder - Nov 07, 2011