Man shot at for opposing girl’s harassmentDecember 4th, 2011 - 9:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 4 (IANS) An autorickshaw owner was shot at and injured by two motorcycle-borne assailants in east Delhi after he objected to their harassing a girl at a bus stand, police said Sunday.
Ajay Kumar Anand, 38, a resident of Bhajanpura, was hit by a bullet in stomach at Bhajanpura around 9.45 p.m.
“He noticed that two motorbike-borne men stopped near a bus stop seeing a single girl. They were harassing her and were forcing her to come along with them,” said a police officer.
Anand, who was standing near a betel shop, intervened and asked the men not to harass the girl. But the two started abusing Anand.
When they saw other on-lookers gathering near the spot, they fired two bullet - one in air and one at Anand. The bullet hit Anand’s stomach and he fell to the ground.
The assailants fled from the spot and the girl also left the spot in haste, police said.
“Anand was rushed to hospital where he is undergoing treatment. His condition is still critical,” said the police officer.
- Man fired at after bid to snatch mother's gold chain - Nov 04, 2011
- Man pursuing chain-snatchers shot - Jun 12, 2011
- Municipal poll contestant shot in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 19, 2012
- Congress leader shot in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 16, 2010
- Man shot dead in Delhi - Sep 06, 2011
- Delhi brothers shot at by snatchers - Jun 18, 2012
- BSP leader shot dead in Lucknow - Dec 06, 2010
- Reward for leads in Jama Masjid shootout hiked - Feb 17, 2011
- BJP leader shot dead in Kanpur - Jul 16, 2011
- Five injured in Imphal grenade attack - Nov 06, 2011
- Tata Motors recovery agent shot, robbed - Oct 27, 2010
- Youth shot dead in Delhi - May 21, 2011
- Businessman attacked in Delhi - Jun 20, 2011
- BJP leader shot dead in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 08, 2011
- Suspected Maoists kill two in Bengal - Sep 26, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,