Man shot at for objecting to eve teasing in DelhiMarch 16th, 2008 - 9:11 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 16 (IANS) A man was shot at after he objected to eve teasing by a few young men in northeast Delhi, the police said Sunday. Praveen Kumar owns Urvashi fast food shop at Hauzpur Chowk in northeast Delhi.
“A person had an argument with Praveen Saturday night. He came back with a few of his friends and shot at Praveen,” Deputy Commissioner of Police Jaspal Singh told IANS.
“Praveen was rushed to the Guru Teg Bahadur hospital, where his condition is described as stable,” Singh said.
“There were 10 to 12 young men standing outside our shop and passing lewd comments at girls. When we objected, a heated argument took place. The crowd pacified the men. But two of them returned after a couple of hours and shot at Praveen,” said Anil Kumar, brother of Praveen.
The assailants, after shooting at Praveen, escaped with their friends who were waiting on two motorcycles at some distance.
The identity of the assailants is yet to be ascertained and a case has been registered at Bhajanpura police station.
- Man shot at for opposing girl's harassment - Dec 04, 2011
- Delhi brothers shot at by snatchers - Jun 18, 2012
- Businessman shot dead in Delhi - May 09, 2012
- Journalist shot, succumbs in hospital - Aug 05, 2011
- Delhi Police ASI shoots head constable (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Murder over screwdriver in capital - Jan 11, 2011
- Man pursuing chain-snatchers shot - Jun 12, 2011
- Man shot over property dispute, two held - Mar 09, 2011
- Man killed in east Delhi firing was family's sole provider - Sep 03, 2012
- 65-year-old woman killed in Delhi home - Sep 06, 2012
- Delhi Police ASI shoots colleague over throwing of garbage (Second lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Man shot over parking space - May 21, 2012
- Youth shot dead near new house - May 31, 2011
- Man shot at, thrown off flyover by robbers - Jan 10, 2011
- Two brothers shot dead in Delhi - Mar 06, 2011