Man sentenced to death for causing blast in ChinaNovember 1st, 2008 - 3:04 pm ICT by IANS
Changsha (China), Nov 1 (Xinhua) A court in central China’s Hunan province has given the death sentence to a man for trying to blow up a government building and injuring 18 people, court sources said Saturday.The court said Tian Kaiyou was found guilty of bombing a government building, injuring 18 people and jeopardizing public security and property. It called his crime “extremely severe”.
The man, angry over the demolition of his illegal buildings, drove a three-wheeled vehicle into the government building in Xixiping July 2 and threw a cooking gas cylinder on the compound which exploded injuring 18 people, three of whom sustained severe burns, the court said.
His action led to losses worth some 270,000 yuan ($35,000) for the government, the court said.
Tian, who was also deprived of lifetime political rights, appealed the verdict.
- Chinese bomber to be executed for deadly blast - Dec 29, 2011
- 10 killed as tourist bus overturns in China - Oct 16, 2011
- A chicken with four legs! - Mar 22, 2012
- 17 die in China hailstorm (Lead) - Apr 18, 2011
- South Chinese prosecutors jail two cult leaders - Apr 21, 2010
- Snowstorms affect 256,000 people in central China - Jan 25, 2012
- Six die in China firecracker blast - Dec 18, 2010
- Kidney-transplant ring exposed in China - May 30, 2012
- China-made fireworks to light up London Olympics - Jul 27, 2012
- A Chinese drug sold at 1,300 percent profit - May 17, 2010
- Chinese fan dies after watching football for 11 nights - Jun 22, 2012
- Seven killed in China building blaze - Dec 23, 2009
- China hunts for serial killer - Aug 13, 2012
- Three killed in China passenger train collision (Lead) - Jun 29, 2009
- Hailstorms in China leave 29 dead, devastate homes - Apr 22, 2012