Man rapes daughter, sells her for $365December 12th, 2011 - 11:55 am ICT by IANS
Mexico City, Dec 12 (IANS/EFE) A Mexican man was arrested for raping his 14-year-old daughter and then selling her for 5,000 pesos (about $365) to his friend, who also sexually abused her, authorities said.
The two men and one of the girl’s brothers, who failed to prevent the abuse, were arrested by the police in Huixquilucan, a city in Mexico state, the Attorney General’s Office said.
The girl reported the abuse to the AG’s office’s special unit for violence against women and people trafficking, or Fevimtra, at the urging of neighbours, officials said.
The police tracked down and arrested the unidentified suspects.
The three suspects were carrying several knives and ammunition at the time of their arrest.
The girl is receiving psychological counseling from specially trained AG’s office personnel, officials said.
- Harsh sentence demanded for mogul in kids' pornogrpahy case - Apr 10, 2011
- Seven girls raped at summer camp in Mexico - Jul 16, 2012
- Human sacrifice in Mexico - Apr 02, 2012
- Over 100 trafficked people rescued in Mexico - Nov 15, 2010
- 14 dismembered bodies found in Mexico - Jun 09, 2012
- 17 held in Mexico summer camp attack - Jul 20, 2012
- Mexican man held for 52 murders - Jan 07, 2012
- Mexico, China seal extradition treaty - Jun 12, 2012
- Seven beheaded in Mexican town - Jul 13, 2012
- Mother sells infant to pay for elder child's treatment - Feb 18, 2011
- Accused of rape, Mexican singer held in US - Jan 22, 2011
- 9 die in shootout in Mexico - Feb 11, 2011
- Seven members of family found dead in Mexico - Aug 14, 2012
- Millionaire sentenced to 13 years in child-porn case - Apr 01, 2011
- Man wanted for eight murders escapes - Mar 01, 2012
Tags: ammunition, attorney general, authorities, counseling, efe, knives, man rapes daughter, mexican man, mexico city, mexico state, neighbours, people trafficking, personnel officials, rapes, two men, violence against women