Man pours boiling water on daughter in JharkhandJanuary 5th, 2009 - 4:41 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Jan 5 (IANS) Teenaged Puja wished to study further to become a doctor - but her alcoholic father wanted her to start earning for his daily tipple. The angry Dhanbad resident Sunday poured boiling water over his daughter hoping to bring her round.According to media reports Monday, Ratan Prasad asked his 14-year-old daughter Puja to quit her studies as he wanted her to start earning for the family. Prasad is unemployed for the past several years.
“Puja’s father asked her to quit studying. But she insisted on continuing her studies. Angry over the argument, he brought a bucket of boiling water and poured it on her,” Draupadi Devi, Puja’s grandmother, was quoted as saying in the local media at Dhanbad, 167 km from state capital Ranchi.
Alarmed by her cries, the neighbours rushed to rescue Puja and took her to the hospital. Prasad is absconding.
Puja, who wants to become a doctor, is now undergoing treatment. She lives in her maternal uncle’s house with three younger sisters.
“Prasad is a habitual drunkard and was putting pressure on Puja to earn so that he can get money for his drinks,” Draupadi Devi added.
- Man burns wife, her sisters - Dec 07, 2010
- A beautiful life melted away in an acid attack (With Images) - Jul 13, 2012
- Husband stitches wife's private parts with wire - May 14, 2010
- Jaipur toddler drowns in bucket of water - May 15, 2012
- It's Allu Arjun all the way in 'Julayi' (Telugu Movie Review) - Aug 12, 2012
- Husband stitches wife's private parts with wire (Lead) - May 14, 2010
- RJD to protest attacks on backward castes - Sep 10, 2011
- Puja and polls: Nitish's family prays, Lalu helps Rabri with rituals - Oct 13, 2010
- Five people commit suicide in Delhi - Oct 07, 2011
- Malayalam actress serves legal notice om ex-husband - Jul 08, 2012
- Blinded by light, this family sees no hope - Sep 02, 2012
- Life is beautiful, finds KBC winner's family - Nov 01, 2011
- Separated 40 years ago, united on live TV - Aug 19, 2011
- Drunken son kills mother - Feb 05, 2011
- Jharkhand government under pressure to drop minister - Aug 21, 2012