Man murders wife and kids to marry again, arrestedOctober 25th, 2008 - 5:53 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Oct 25 (IANS) A former Indian Air Force sergeant, hailing from Haryana, has been arrested here on charges of killing his wife and two children as he wanted to marry another woman, a police official said.Dharam Singh Yadav, in his early forties, Sunday slit the throat of his wife Anu, 35, daughter Keerthi, 14, and son Aditya, 11, at their house in Peenya, said Bangalore city police commissioner Shankar Bidari.
Later he told the police that he left the house around 7.30 a.m. Sunday to go to the railway station and book tickets for Rewari in Haryana. When he returned after three hours, he found his wife and two children, who were students of the IAF school here, dead.
He also told the police that he suspected it was murder for gain as some cash and gold jewellery were missing.
Bidari said the post-mortem report showed that the murder had taken place at least 12 hours before the time Yadav said he had last seen his family alive. The police then kept a watch on him.
Investigation showed that he had met a woman teacher from Punjab on an internet matrimonial site and wanted to marry her, Bidari said.
He claimed Yadav had confessed to the killings. A khukri (sharp-edged weapon) used to kill the three had been seized, Bidari said.
Yadav was working with a private company in Bangalore after taking voluntary retirement from the air force. He was living with his family in a house he built in Peenya, about 15 km north of city centre.
- Widow, teenaged sons found murdered in Haryana - Jul 11, 2011
- Teenager kills, burns parents in Haryana - May 14, 2012
- Police officer shoots self, dies - May 09, 2012
- Woman doctor, priest get life for judge's murder - Mar 30, 2012
- Three of family murdered in Haryana's Sonipat - Apr 20, 2012
- Three of family murdered in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 19, 2011
- Police detain one suspect for role in Bangalore IT employee murder - Dec 19, 2010
- Sister's husband killed for 'honour' - Jun 26, 2011
- Court quashes Karnataka police chief's appointment - Mar 31, 2012
- Gurgaon 'grooms' for daughters of Lalu Prasad, Sharad Yadav - Jan 11, 2012
- Village headman found murdered; minister, official accused - Jun 08, 2011
- Man murdered outside house in Delhi - Jun 23, 2012
- Bangalore woman techie's killer nabbed - Dec 25, 2010
- Two double murders leave Ludhiana shocked - Feb 03, 2012
- Girl shot dead by father for 'honour' - Feb 29, 2012