Man murders brother, pregnant sister-in-law over land disputeJune 16th, 2009 - 9:04 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 16 (IANS) A man in an Uttar Pradesh village Tuesday killed three of his relatives, including his pregnant sister-in-law, over a land dispute, police said.
Ram Awtar barged into his brother’s home in Mankipurwa village in Kanpur Dehat (rural) district, and attacked his brother, his pregnant sister-in-law and nephew with an axe, killing all three, additional superintendent of police (Kanpur Dehat) Kamleshwari Devi told IANS over telephone.
An intensive search operation has been launched to arrest Awtar, who is absconding, she added.
In a complaint with the police, Awatar’s mother, who was present in the house at the time of the attack, said he had a dispute with his elder brother Ram Prasad over the ownership of a plot of land in the village.
Kanpur Dehat is about 140 km from Lucknow.
- Pakistani guns down three family members - Jul 29, 2012
- Man hacks three in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 14, 2010
- Couple axed to death in Punjab - Jan 10, 2011
- Tripura trooper guns down five of family - Apr 28, 2012
- Four of family gunned down in Bihar - Jun 30, 2012
- Two brothers killed in Ghaziabad - May 10, 2012
- Government staffer kills three kin - Jul 25, 2011
- Cattle perish in arson attack on shacks in UP - Jul 14, 2012
- Jilted lover throws acid on girl, family - Feb 12, 2011
- Man attacks elderly parents over property, sets them ablaze - Jul 31, 2010
- Mob goes on rampage after road accident - May 21, 2010
- Man stones three minor nephews to death - May 20, 2011
- Man kills brother over land tensions, witchcraft - Nov 01, 2011
- Brothers killed, parents injured over parking brawl - May 30, 2012
- Manhunt continues for killer Tripura trooper - Apr 28, 2012