Man lynched after he tried to rape teenMay 10th, 2010 - 5:28 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 10 (IANS) A 26-year-old man died after he was lynched by a village mob for allegedly attempting to rape a girl on the outskirts of this state capital, police said Monday.
Vasudev Rawat, a resident of Matth village here, was Monday assaulted with wooden sticks and iron rods by locals of the same village, following which he died.
“Locals attacked him this morning alleging he tried to rape a 14-year-old girl of Matth village after he abducted her and took her to a secluded place,” Police Inspector Ved Prakash told reporters here.
“A case against 10 people has been registered for killing Rawat,” he added.
Police have also detained four people, who allegedly instigated the mob to kill Rawat.
This is the fourth lynching incident that has been reported in Uttar Pradesh since February 2010. Of the earlier three incidents, two took place in Moradabad on Feb 19 and April 17, while another occurred in Meerut April 20.
- Youth lynched for murdering shopkeeper - Jun 22, 2010
- Two criminals lynched in Uttar Pradesh - May 27, 2011
- Villagers lynch suspected thief in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 17, 2010
- Thief lynched in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 21, 2010
- Criminal lynched in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 18, 2010
- Man kills woman, lynched by mob - Oct 27, 2011
- Criminal lynched in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 09, 2011
- Three robbery suspects lynched in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 01, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh's fifth rape case in a day (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Four more rape cases, attack on women reported in UP - Jun 20, 2011
- Criminal lynched by villagers - Mar 05, 2011
- Three robbers lynched in UP village - Sep 06, 2012
- Villagers lynch two dacoits - Jul 26, 2011
- Man held in Uttar Pradesh for raping daughters - Feb 20, 2010
- Mob in Guatemala kills man who murdered two kids - Sep 13, 2012