Man kills woman, lynched by mobOctober 27th, 2011 - 9:11 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 27 (IANS) Mob justice ruled in a small town of Uttar Pradesh’s Aligarh district Thursday when a man was lynched by locals after he shot dead a woman over a petty dispute, police said.
Manish Kumar, 28, and seven of his accomplices killed Nisha Devi, 30, a shopkeeper in Jawan town. Kumar had an argument with Nisha Devi Wednesday over some purchases from her shop.
“Manish and his aides opened fire at the shop, killing Nisha and injuring a passerby,” police Inspector Bhim Singh told reporters in Aligarh, some 300 km from Lucknow.
Furious locals caught hold of Manish while his accomplices managed to escape. Manish was repeatedly attacked with bricks, iron rods and wooden sticks, and he died on the spot, the officer added.
- Three robbery suspects lynched in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 01, 2011
- Criminal lynched in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 09, 2011
- Villagers lynch criminal - Nov 09, 2010
- Criminal lynched by villagers - Mar 05, 2011
- Man lynched in Uttar Pradesh village - Jan 03, 2011
- Villagers clash with security guards, 10 hurt - Nov 08, 2010
- Two criminals lynched in Uttar Pradesh - May 27, 2011
- Four injured as communities clash in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 06, 2011
- Man lynched after he tried to rape teen - May 10, 2010
- Youth lynched for murdering shopkeeper - Jun 22, 2010
- Criminal lynched in Uttar Pradesh village - Jan 08, 2010
- Five cops hurt in protests against man's death - Dec 22, 2010
- Four policemen injured in mob attack - Apr 12, 2011
- Three robbers lynched in UP village - Sep 06, 2012
- Locals clash with police over youth's death - Nov 15, 2011