Man kills wife over infidelityNovember 10th, 2011 - 12:35 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 9 (IANS) A marriage of over 20 years ended with a man murdering his wife over her suspected extra-marital affair in west Delhi, police said Wednesday. He was arrested.
Rajesh Singh, 40, a mini-bus driver, was arrested Wednesday from his home in Baba Haridas Nagar for killing his wife, Saroj, on the night of Nov 2-3. Her body was recovered by police Wednesday.
“The couple were married since 1988 and had three children. Recently, he realised that his wife was having an extra-marital affair and was livid,” said a police official.
“He warned her to mend her ways but his wife was in no mood to budge. On the night of Nov 2-3 following an altercation, Rajesh hit her wife with an iron rod and then strangled her,” added the official.
According to police, he then dumped her dead body in bushes near a drain. On questioning, he confessed to the crime.
- Mother gets son killed to keep affair under wraps - Sep 01, 2011
- Mystery surrounds Chandigarh doctor's death - Dec 22, 2011
- Rajasthan official beats wife to death with bat - Aug 30, 2011
- Woman teams up with lover to kill husband - Dec 22, 2010
- Hubby cuts off wife's lips, eats them - May 31, 2012
- Woman commits suicide over husband's affairs (Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- Pilot arrested after wife hangs herself to death - Dec 02, 2011
- Man arrested for setting wife afire - Jan 22, 2012
- Man held for killing neighbour while saving sister - Jul 16, 2011
- Wife stabs husband for infidelity - Apr 07, 2010
- Man burnt alive for alleged extra-marital affair - Nov 30, 2009
- Man strangles landlord's two kids - Nov 22, 2011
- Man who tried to kill wife commits suicide - Mar 04, 2010
- Man arrested for wife's murder - May 21, 2010
- Property dealer gets life term for wife's killing - Nov 17, 2010