Man kills wife for being childlessNovember 25th, 2008 - 7:00 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Nov 25 (IANS) A 31-year-old man allegedly killed his 28-year-old wife Tuesday in a West Bengal town because the couple had no child even after 10 years of marriage, the police said.The killing took place at Mangalkot town of the Bardhaman district.
“Mohidul Mannan physically abused his wife Sukhi regularly, holding her responsible” for not being able to conceive, an official in Mangalkot police station said.
“They had an altercation Tuesday morning and in the heat of the moment, Mannan hit Sukhi on the head with a scythe. She died on the spot,” the police official said.
The accused husband was arrested from a friend’s house.
- Huge cache of arms and ammunition seized in West Bengal - Oct 30, 2010
- Son kills mother, suspecting her of extra-marital affair - Dec 16, 2008
- Delhi Metro staff beat up commuter - Apr 14, 2011
- On wedding trip, NRI kills wife - Mar 16, 2011
- Left, Trinamool student activists clash in West Bengal district - Oct 27, 2010
- Bengal girl commits suicide after sexual harassment - Aug 14, 2012
- Youth killed for protesting abuse of sister - Feb 15, 2011
- Man shot dead in fight at wedding - Mar 25, 2012
- Man nabbed for killing ex-wife - Mar 20, 2012
- Youth held for shooting cop's son - Sep 16, 2011
- Drunk father stabs son to death - May 24, 2012
- One killed over Rs.2,500 - Oct 25, 2011
- Man kills wife over infidelity - Nov 10, 2011
- Student wings of Trinamool Congress, CPI (M) clash in West Bengal - Oct 27, 2010
- Son kills mother for 'black magic' - Jan 25, 2011