Man kills six in ChinaAugust 3rd, 2008 - 2:55 pm ICT by IANS
Wuhan (China), Aug 3 (Xinhua) Police in this central China city have arrested a mentally deranged man who killed six villagers and injured one. Zhang Jinfu, 43, a farmer from Xuyang village in Hubei province, hacked to death two men in their 60s, a couple in their 50s and their mother aged 80 and a 7-year-old boy, Saturday morning, with a sickle.
The boy’s mother was injured when she tried to rescue her son. She was admitted to a hospital.
Zhang was arrested by police when attempting to flee the scene.
Zhang had once been hospitalised for mental illness, the villagers told the police.
During the interrogation, Zhang talked in a disorderly way, laughing while answering questions, the police said.
- Chinese nurses donate $15,700 reward for bombing victims - Dec 20, 2011
- Chinese man attacks train passengers, one killed - Sep 12, 2010
- Two killed, 10 injured in China bank blast (Lead) - Dec 01, 2011
- One held for China bomb hoax - Sep 02, 2012
- 19 die in China lift crash - Sep 13, 2012
- Cut veg, cook food, says Chinese man's pre-nuptial pact - Sep 27, 2010
- Inspired by action movie, Chinese man bombs bank van - Dec 19, 2011
- 30 Malaysian kids held hostage rescued (Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
- Five Chinese women deplaned after midair brawl - Jul 03, 2012
- 12 Chinese cops punished over murder - Jun 09, 2012
- Explosion at central China factory, casualties unknown - Dec 10, 2010
- Man hacks three kids to death in China - Sep 21, 2012
- Three Chinese hurt as balloon explodes - Oct 11, 2011
- Central China city braces for flood - Jul 29, 2010
- 10 killed in China coalmine blast - May 08, 2010