Man kills puppy with hammerMay 4th, 2012 - 9:40 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 4 (IANS) A man in Britain, furious after finding his eight-year-old daughter bitten by his pet dog, battered it to death with a hammer.
Gary Wills, 47, waited seven hours before deciding to kill his puppy — a Jack Russell — himself rather than going to a vet. The dog died in agony from a broken skull after being clubbed “several times”, the court heard.
A father of four, Wills admitted before the court that he failed to ensure an animal’s welfare and told investigators he “lost it” when the pet left his eight-year-old daughter “covered in blood”, The Sun reported.
His daughter was playing with the puppy at home in Devon county at night when it bit her when she tried to kiss it.
At hospital, she received eight stitches before being brought back to home.
Wills’ defence said the girl is scarred for life.
But the court gave Wills a 12-month community order and banned him from keeping dogs for his “cruel and inappropriate” action.
- Dog, allergic to grass, wears boots - Jul 02, 2011
- Man jailed for beating dog to death - Aug 17, 2012
- Mum saves kids by pinning down attacking dog - Aug 24, 2011
- Jobless Briton stabs dog to death, faces jail - Jun 08, 2012
- Girl gets 175 stitches after being mauled by dog - Aug 21, 2010
- Man decapitated ex-lover's pet to scare her - May 15, 2012
- Drew Barrymore adopts puppy - Feb 03, 2012
- Rooting for the underdog! (Feature) - Sep 25, 2011
- Dog gets 10,000 pound cosmetic surgery ! - Mar 06, 2012
- Cops file case after pet cat is shot (Lead) - Sep 20, 2010
- Pet dogs in Britain to be microchipped - Apr 24, 2011
- It's dog's life -- or is it? - Oct 15, 2011
- Hilary Swank adopts dog - Sep 06, 2011
- Girl locked in cage with wolves - Apr 06, 2012
- British mother, son jailed over dogs' deaths - Feb 24, 2012