Man kills neighbour’s daughter on tantrik’s orderOctober 23rd, 2010 - 1:52 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 23 (IANS) A man killed his neighbour’s six-year-old daughter in Uttar Pradesh after a self-proclaimed godman told him it would make him wealthy, police said Saturday.
Jaswant, 35, a native of Santpur village in Mainpuri district, first kidnapped the daughter of his neighbour Gulab Singh while she was playing in the fields Thursday and later strangulated her, police said.
The incident came to light when some locals spotted Jaswant offering prayers with the body of the girl beside him. He was arrested Friday.
“Some locals caught Jaswant on the outskirts of the village. Upon noticing the villagers approaching him, Jaswant tried to escape but was caught,” police inspector Shri Krishna told reporters Saturday in Mainpuri, some 300 km from here.
Locals allege when they caught Jaswant and started assaulting him, he disclosed that the crime was committed on the directions of a ‘tantrik’ to become wealthy.
“We are yet to trace the tantrik. Efforts are on to catch him,” Krishna said.
- Couple sacrifices daughter to attain wealth - Aug 18, 2010
- Godman held for rape bid - Jun 24, 2011
- Man detained for human sacrifice - Oct 31, 2011
- Human sacrifice: Four arrested for killing girl - Oct 08, 2011
- Man sacrifices boy on godman's suggestion - Aug 09, 2011
- Class 12 student killed over love affair with teacher - Jan 07, 2011
- Man kills niece for prosperity - Aug 10, 2010
- Self-styled Godman arrested for selling tiger skin in Maharashtra - Jul 22, 2010
- Three arms smugglers held - Mar 20, 2011
- Infant buried on tantrik's advice, survives - Apr 14, 2012
- Woman arrested for sacrificing infant - Jul 13, 2011
- Childless couple 'sacrifice' three-year-old to get son - Apr 13, 2010
- Fire in wholesale grain market, no casualties - Mar 01, 2011
- Man held for honour killing in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 01, 2011
- Girl set afire for resisting rape, two held - Oct 31, 2011
Tags: , , , , ,