Man kills cousin’s kids, commits suicide in RajasthanJune 13th, 2012 - 10:45 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, June 13 (IANS) A man jumped in front of a moving train after axing to death two of his cousin’s children and injuring two others in Rajasthan’s Bundi district Wednesday, police said.
An illicit relationship seemed to be the cause behind the killing and suicide, they said.
The incident occurred in the wee hours near Lakheri area in the district, some 200 km from Jaipur.
“During preliminary investigation, it has come up that Jawahari Lal, 50, was in a relationship with his cousin’s wife. He barged into his cousin’s house with an axe and attacked his four children sleeping in the courtyard. The children’s parents were in a bedroom,” a police officer told IANS.
After attacking the children, Lal left the house and ran towards the nearby railway tracks.
“Some villagers chased him and informed the police. However, he committed suicide by jumping in front of a train,” the officer said.
Two children, Surendra, 15, and Rinku, 13, died on the spot, while two others, Sunita, 12, and Pintu, 9, are undergoing treatment at a hospital.
Their condition was stated to be critical, the officer said.
“It seems Lal thought the children were coming in the way of his relationship with his cousin’s wife. We are recording the statements of the people concerned with the case,” the officer said.
- Non-resident Indian woman jumps to death from 14th floor - Dec 18, 2011
- Couple kills children, commits suicide - Jun 02, 2011
- Man killed after being hit by train - Jun 12, 2012
- Eloping couple commit suicide in Rajasthan - Aug 11, 2012
- Mother poisons daughters, self - Nov 08, 2011
- Search on for abandoned girl's parents in Rajasthan - May 23, 2012
- Rajasthan girl killed, lover critical in suicide pact - Jun 27, 2012
- Missing Rajasthan official traced to Chandigarh - Sep 04, 2011
- Body of day-old girl found in well in Rajasthan - Jun 12, 2012
- Man jumps off Metro station, dies - Apr 04, 2011
- Husband held in Mumbai woman's suicide case - Mar 15, 2011
- Suicide by three of a family: Food samples sent for tests - Nov 10, 2011
- Mentally ill man hacks two kids to death - Oct 29, 2010
- Two youths commit suicide in Rajasthan - Jul 14, 2012
- Woman murdered by paramour in Delhi home - May 29, 2009
Tags: axe, bundi, courtyard, cousin, illicit relationship, jaipur, lal, moving train, parents, pintu, police officer, preliminary investigation, railway, rajasthan, rinku, suicide, sunita, surendra, undergoing treatment, wee hours